Friday, May 28, 2010

Big Week for #1

Forgive me (or don't - it really doesn't matter because I will still post this), but I have to brag on Brogan just a bit. Three - count 'em - three times this past week he asked to go potty in the big potty. Twice with me and once with Daddy. All, thankfully, while we were in our clean and sanitary home. And all three times were completely unprompted. We aren't even considering potty training, yet. We plan to wait until he's old enough to really understand and communicate when he needs to go.

So, there we were - my little man teetering on the edge of the giant adult potty seat, clining to my shoulder - and out drips a minute amount of pee pee. I have never been so proud in my life. I've also never been so surprised that something like that could make me well up with pride. Who knew?

For anyone on the fence about having kids, let me tell ya:
It's moments like that that make it sooooo worth it.

No comments: