Thursday, September 27, 2012

Light the Candles

The other night I was looking around the house and noticed how many candles I've incorporated into the decor. Quite a few. And then I realized that, in 10 years, I can count on one hand the number of times I've lit them without being prompted by a power outage. Gumpf. Really? How sad is that? Why have candles if you don't light them? It's like owning gorgeous shoes that you don't ever wear (which I am also guilty of--especially since I started toting small children around and all of my heels became obsolete).

My point is short and sweet: If not now, when?

Life goes by in a blink. We need to take every chance we have to make each day special. For our kids. For our families. For ourselves.

So, I lit several candles that night for absolutely no reason at all. Just me. In my kitchen. Mopping the floor. But, let me tell ya, that was the most enjoyable mopping has ever been.

No comments: