Friday, February 10, 2012

Tickled Pink

It's happening. Right before my eyes. The adoration Brynna has for her big brother gets stronger by the minute.

I see it in the way she tries to suppress an ear-to-ear grin when he takes her by the hand and they walk around the house together. I see it in when he cracks her up with his silliest of antics while trying to get her to stop fussing at the dinner table. I see it when he sweetly gives her a toy he had been playing with that she suddenly decided she wants.

To Brynna, Brogan is pure gold.

It's nothing that we, as parents, can teach. It's just there. It's God-given, for sure. It also helps that Brogan really is a terrific big brother. He impresses us constantly with his unprompted acts of kindness toward her.

And Jason and I have the pleasure of having a front row seat at this magical event. Thank you, Lord, for these little gifts.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I can totally relate, amen!