Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Look Who's Talking Now

Brynna said her first word!

TICKLE!

It would be out of my nature to not set up this story properly so bear with me...

We do a lot of tickling around our house. Jason and I are addicted to hearing our children laugh and the quickest way to get our fix is, well, by tickling them. This, apparently, has not escaped the keen notice of our now-15-month-old daughter.

I was working on the computer one morning last week with my legs crossed. My socked-foot was dangling at just about Brynna's tummy height. She saw her chance. She seized it. She toddled over to me, grabbed my foot and said, "Tickle, tickle, tickle." I was stunned. It was one of the cutest things I have ever seen.

Since then, she capitalizes on every tickle opportunity that presents itself. If she catches sight of a foot without a shoe on, she's going for it. Even if that foot happens to belong to her. (Which is adorable in a completely different way.)

So, there you have it. Brynna's first word, beyond Momma and Daddy, was "tickle." I love that she used her first word to try to make someone else laugh. I take that as a sign of good things to come.

No comments: