Monday, October 10, 2011

Columbus Day Resolutions

In general, I am not a big fan of New Year's resolutions. I think it's silly to wait for a particular time of year to make a change for the better. Especially New Year's Day. Most resolutions made on New Year's Day are made with the understanding that most people don't keep them. What a cop out. If you're really serious about making a change or taking a new direction, why wait? Do it now.

And so here I am. Celebrating Columbus Day, if you could call it that, and I'm making a few resolutions of my own. (Yes, it was a complete coincidence that today is a national holiday, but it sure made for an interesting blog post, don't you think?)

#1: The obligatory "lose weight."
I really hate when people make this one because it usually packs the gym with well-intentioned shape shifters from about January 3 - February 15 every year. I do have a really good reason for this one, though. My 10th anniversary is in less a month and I would like to shed the extra 5 lbs. that have crept up on me. Forgive my hypocrisy just this once because I'd like to look really hot (or as hot as I can after 2 kids) for my sweet husband. I'm working out harder and trying to eat less. We'll see how it goes.

#2: Drink more water.
As in a gallon a day. Seems like a lot, doesn't it? Well, I managed to do it today (in addition to two 20 oz. coffees, at that) and it wasn't too difficult or annoying (think potty breaks). I'm interested to see how easy it seems day after day after day, though. I have enough "annoying" in my life right now, I really don't have time for self-induced annoyingness. Here's to my attempt at epic hydration...Cheers!

#3: Wash my face nightly.
I realize that I should already be doing this but I'm not. After getting the kids in bed, putting the house back in order, and spending some uninterrupted time on the computer or talking to my husband, I'm happy to have brushed teeth by the time I collapse into bed. I have to admit, though, I started this one last night and my skin feels so much better in the morning after having rid it of the day's gunk the night before.

So, that's it. Nothing to difficult to commit to but big enough that I think I'll see results of some kind fairly soon. As we all know, nothing it more motivational that results.

What would your Any Ole' Time resolutions be?

No comments: