Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Book Recommendation

For anyone with kids (or kid) around the age of 2 or 3, this book is a must-read. My eldest is 3 and this book could not have entered my life at a better time. For your sanity and for your kids' ultimate benefit, I highly recommend it. In fact, most of my friends have children that are a bit younger than mine but I plan to give this to them when their kids turn 2!

The book outlines ways to approach situations and family issues in a no-nonsense, faith-based, very logical way. (Not my will, but His will be done.) It's a quick read and a great foundation for parenting. I plan to read it literally continuously to help me stay sharp and keep my attitude in line, which is the number one thing that author, Rachel Jankovic, points out must be organized above all else in your home. It's a healthy dose of perspective for all of my fellow over-achiever mommies. (Why are we SAHM's, after all??? Is it really to make sure we never have a sink full of dirty dishes by the time our husbands get home from work? I'll give you a hint: NO!)

This book has given me a renewed focus and some new tools for how to best raise my kids and approach the issues that arise when bring up a crop of little ones.

P.S. I have to thank my BFF for introducing me to this book...

Thanks, Monique! I'll be returning your copy once mine arrives in the mail. :)

No comments: