The last time I did this, though, I didn't plan the entire month out ahead of time and ended up spending a fortune at the grocery store. Good for Kroger. No so much for my budget. This time I'm approaching it a little differently. I'm going to lay out the 30 dinners that I'd like to try and strategically plan to make them when I can get the most bang for my grocery buck. Yes, TLC's "Extreme Couponing" has made me want to be a smarter shopper. C'mon...I'm not the only one that get's excited when boneless chicken breasts go on sale, am I? Or am I? I like to think not.
Anyhoo, these are the new recipes I'm working with for my upcoming Re-Runless Month of Meals.
- Open-Faced Turkey Joes
- Grilled Balsamic Skirt Steak with Tomato & Vidalia Salad
- Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
- Crustless Smoked Turkey & Spinach Quiche
- Sauteed Chicken with Sage Browned Butter
- Pimento Cheese Stuffed Chicken
- Chicken Tamale Casserole
- Asian Noodles with Chicken and Snow Peas
- Roasted Chicken & Bow Tie Pasta Salad
- Pasta with Asparagus, Pancetta & Pine Nuts
- 3-Cheese Chicken Penne Florentine
- Spiced Pork Chops with Apple Chutney
- Creamy Corn Soup with Sweet Beer Bread (I plan to try the cheddar-chive variation)
- Make-Ahead Chicken Cornbread Casserole
- Chicken & Spinach Lasagna
- Chicken Tagine
- Roasted Chicken with Balsamic Peppers
- Lemony Chicken Saltimboca
- Hamburger Stroganoff
- Fontina & Marscapone Baked Pasta
- Maple & Soy-Glazed Flank Steak
- Beef Tagine with Butternut Squash
- Almond Crusted Chicken Cutlets with Scallion Beurre Blanc Sauce
- Parmesan Polenta & (Not-So) Spicy Sausage
- Grilled Corn, Squash & Tomato Penne with Ricotta
- Hawaiian Ham & Pineapple Kebabs with Grilled Veggies
I'll throw in some of the usual suspects just to make sure I don't get completely burned (or stressed) out. Sometimes it's nice to rely on the no-brainers. I've linked those that are online to their recipe pages. If one of those that are not online sound good to you, hit me up for the recipe. I'll post an update once I've given these a whirl and let you know which ones made the cut for us.
Wish me luck!