Sunday, December 19, 2010

Polka Dots

Cute two-and-a-half-year-old moment alert! In 3, 2, 1...

Brogan is becoming quite a little chatter box and wants to know what EVERYTHING is called. "What dat called, Mommy?" is uttered countless times on a daily basis around our house. I definitely don't mind satisfying his curiosity, either. I love that he's learning so much right now.

So I was changing Brynna's diaper the other day and Brogan noticed the dotted design on it. He thoughtfully sang out his usual question: "What dat called, Mommy?" I told him they were polka dots. Which he repeated back to me as "poo-poo dots." "No, Sweetie," I replied with a smile spreading across my face. "They are called pol-ka dots." I took care to enunciate more clearly this time. "Poo-poo dots," he replied. After a few more tries, he finally got it. Bless his heart.

I have to admit, his rationale was spot-on, though. After all, doesn't it make sense that a diaper would be adorned with "poo-poo dots"?

No comments: