Sunday, October 18, 2009

I'll Believe It When I See It...

Brogan has never been a great "public sleeper." We were so diligent about getting him in his crib for nap times that sleeping anywhere else is a last resort and only something he'll do for short intervals when he can no longer keep his eyes open. When we see families in the food court at high noon with their little angel sleeping soundly in the stroller, we quietly discuss what type of drugs they must have given their child to invoke such a sound sleep in the midst of chaos. It's safe to say that our Brogie will never be that adorable slumbering child.

This became disconcerting when he was going to start a Mother's Day Out program at our church two days a week. Noon to two o'clock is designated nap time. How on Earth was Brogan ever going to sleep on a cot in the middle of an unfamiliar room with other kids in close proximity??? It was unfathomable. Worst-case scenario, I surmised, would be that I would pick up a deliriously sleepy kiddo in the afternoon and take him straight home for a nap. That might not be so bad, right?

Well, he surprised us all! From Day One, Brogan has taken a nap for 40-45 minutes every day. Just long enough to recharge his batteries but short enough that I usually lay him down for a few more hours in the late afternoon. Sometimes he doesn't wake up until dinner is almost ready. (Lucky me!) Naturally, I was curious about my lil' punkin and his sleeping habits at school so I had his teacher, Ms. Baker, snap a few photos of him. Like I said, I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it...

Our adorable sleeping angel

Brogan and his classmate, Marly

No comments: