Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Brogan for President...in 2043

That's right -- our Brogie Bear is destined for the Oval Office (although I don't think he'll let us call him that once he's on the ticket). Yes, one whiff of the political power that lingers on the streets of DC and he was unstoppable... well, at least until he could no longer fight off sleep and crashed in his stroller (something he has never done before). But, in his defense, he skipped his morning nap -- also something that he has never done before. It was a trip of many first for him. And for Jason and I, too. It was our first Cherry Blossom Festival. As dreary and as overcast as it was, it was still beautiful. Did I mention cold, windy and drizzling rain? Yeah, that too.
Ah, the memories...

The man I sat next to on the flight back to Knoxville made me feel a bit better, though. He said that in 14 years of living in DC, the first day of Cherry Blossom Festival has only had nice weather once. I guess that means we have to go 13 more times before we get it right. :)

Anyway, I wanted to share a few pictures from the trip. Hit the Play button on the video viewer below, sit back and enjoy the show!

No comments: