Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Swings

The playground is magic. Brogan can't even walk, yet, but I know that the playground will be a lifesaver. Need to burn some toddler energy? Had a bit too much sugar at lunchtime? Got an hour to kill? Let's hit the playground! How do I know this, you ask? Well, on the very first day that the weather was nice enough in Knoxville to take Little Ones outside, the playground was absolutely teaming with kids accompanied by, no doubt, parents who had been cooped up all winter long with said children just desperate to get outside without wrestling on the obligatory 15 articles of clothing only to realize that there is now a dirty diaper under all those layers that must be dealt with. It didn't take us long to fall into those ranks. I will admit that I was ready for a change of pace, too. There are only so many games you can play with the same toys.

Right now Brogan loves the swings because -- well, let's face it -- that's the only thing our immobile punkin is capable of playing on. I know he will eventually love the bridges and slides and... *woeful Mommy sigh*... the monkey bars. All in good time. For now, I will enjoy my time on the swings with my sweet little Brogie Bear.

1 comment:

Wifey Luther said...

i can't believe he's so close to his first birthday!!